Tuesday 12 August 2014

Drug Store Secret

There is a huge hype about the Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner ! 




It looks interesting and great, It  has had a huge ad campaign and push into the lime light from benefit and there social media posts and don't get me wrong I love the campaign and collection for this product with the criminal theme ..

However I cant help but feel no urge to purchase this item ...

Especially because there is a perfectly good drug store dupe that was out before benefits product.

The Maybelline Lasting Drama Black Shock Gel liner!!


A gel eye liner pen..... even thou benefit claim "It’s the FIRST EVER lash-hugging gel liner in a pen! This matte black gel formula won’t smudge, budge or dry out, and the innovative soft AccuFlex™ Tip hugs your lashline from corner to corner. The closer the line, the bigger the eye!"

... I'm pretty sure the Maybelline product came out first baring in mind I've had my Maybelline liner for at least 3 months.

Although I don't have the benefit liner and cant compare quality I do have the Maybelline and would say that all the benefit claims are suitable in description of the Maybelline product.

It really doesn't smudge, it sets and doesn't come off, it is easy to use and does get close to the lashes.


So why would you pay nearly a tenner more for the same product. Especially when Maybelline is often on offer in Superdrug and boots.

I don't blame benefit for there marketing techniques in fact I applaud and appreciate the clever marketing and advertising which makes this product seems so amazing and appealing to all. I mean I want the product and wouldn't write off purchasing and trying the product in the future.

But with a little investigating and looking you can find an alternative and very similar product for half the price...... brilliant for those on a budget like me!!


So take a browse round your local drug store and you'll be surprised what you can find for a fraction of the price of high end make-up products :)

Thanks for reading 

ToodlePip xx


http://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/product/view/theyre-real-push-up-liner
http://www.maybelline.co.uk/makeup/eye/eye-liner/black%20drama.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment